What to do if you own a Volkswagen or Audi Diesel
Volkswagen has recently released the details of its court-approved settlement agreement regarding diesel emissions from Volkswagen and Audi 2.0 liter diesel vehicles. Current owners and lessees are now able to submit a claim online for their affected vehicle.
What options are available to owners of Volkswagen and Audi diesel cars?
If you own or lease an eligible vehicle, you have two options:
- Volkswagen/Audi will buy back your vehicle or offer you an early lease termination.
- Volkswagen/Audi will modify your car to improve its emissions (if approved by the EPA and CARB) and provide you with cash compensation.
Some former Volkswagen owners are also eligible to receive cash compensation.
Which Volkswagen and Audi diesel vehicles are affected?
This revelation affects about half a million Volkswagen diesel vehicles sold in the United States; no gas or hybrid models are affected. The diesel vehicles concerned include:
- Volkswagen Beetle TDI (Model Years 2013-2015)
- Volkswagen Beetle Convertible TDI (Model Years 2013-2015)
- Volkswagen Golf TDI (Model Years 2010-2015)
- Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen TDI (Model Year 2015)
- Volkswagen Jetta TDI (Model Years 2009-2015)
- Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen TDI (Model Years 2009-2015)
- Volkswagen Passat TDI (Model Years 2012-2015)
- Audi A3 TDI (Model Years 2010-2013, 2015)
What should you do if you own a Volkswagen or Audi diesel?
If you own one of the vehicles listed above, you can visit VWCourtSettlement.com and enter your VIN to see if your car qualifies and how much cash you will receive. If you decide to return your current vehicle, your Cartelligent agent can help you understand your options and make an educated decision on your replacement.
As always, our priority here at Cartelligent is to give our clients the information they need to make the best choice for them. We will continue to update this article with pertinent details as they become available to us.